Core Athletics is pleased to have Robert Johnson to be leading our Speed, Agility, and Strength Training Programs. Robert has extensive training in a wide range of areas including auto racing, motto cross racing, football, boxing, tennis, and the US Army. Robert’s extensive expertise is evidenced by:
- Current head strength conditioning trainer at Roush Fenway Racing where his responsibilities include training the drivers and pit crews.
- Trained crews who were part of 2 Cup Championships, 1 Busch Championship, and 1 pit-crew Championship.
- Successful at utilizing strength and quickness for training athletes to prepare and excel in competition.
- Retired (23 years) Army Master Fitness trainer and Drill Instructor that trained special army units such as Rangers, Special Forces, and the 82nd Airborne.
- While in the US Army, Robert was the Army boxing welter-weight champion, and played football in the German American Football League.
Robert holds multiple certifications including Specialist in Sports Conditioning (ISSA), Functional Training (AFPA), Sports Yoga, Mind, and Body (ACE) and First Aid. In addition, he is a 1st Degree Black Belt in Korean Tae Kwon Do.
Robert is directing our programs and is available for team or individual workouts.